Wednesday, March 27, 2013

S-A-D #19 : Sweet Anthem 'Miranda'

Sample-A-Day Review: Day 19
Miranda
From the vault (past LE)
"We fall, but our souls are flying. A baleful blend of banded peppers and woods, tragically impaled with bloodshot immortelle blossoms.
Notes: Black Agar, Cocoa Absolute, Immortelle, Pink Pepper, White Agar, White Pepper"

Smelling directly from the sample, I get pepper. It is very fresh but a bit sharp. Dabbed in the back of my hand, pepper is more noticeable and there is undeniable presence of agar wood. The oud smells rich and kind of comforting actually. Oud and pepper, once they settle, become milder and gentler leaving behind a fragrant woody aroma. There is only a little chocolate, which smells more like white chocolate rather than dark or sweet chocolate. The hay-like immortelle adds a soft base. Chocolate and Immortelle don't add any sweetness per se but diffuse the harshness of peppery oud. I like this contrast very much. Everything comes together in the dry down which is a spiced soft aromatic oud.

Miranda is leans more towards a masculine fragrance. I can see myself wearing it but it would suit a man better. It must be the pepper and oud giving that vibe. Oud in this, like in many other Sweet Anthem perfumes, is light and gentle (plus doesn't give me a headache). It is a limited edition and no longer available for purchase.

10 comments:

  1. Miranda was very much not for me :P But I thought of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, I can imagine. It is a bit masculine for me too!

      Delete
  2. seems like a spicy scent and i prefer sweet. Don't forget to enter my I ♥ Makeup giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep thinking of Miranda from The Tempest, so I thought it might smell oceanic or island-related. Not sure what peppery perfumes smell like! Is there a mainstream scent that is close so I can get a handle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh for pepper, do try Molton Brown Pepper stuff! There is a body wash that is so fresh and very invigorating :) That is the 'pepperiest' thing I have smelt in a perfume/body products!

      Delete
    2. I'm not sure if we have Molton Brown here still but I shall investigate! Thanks. :)

      Delete
  4. Now this sounds like a scent for me! Pepper and oud sounds like such a fantastic combo!! I´d love to sample that, too bad it´s gone now... (Why is so much of the good stuff LE or discontinued!?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so meant for you, Nadja! I wish I tested it before I sent you samples. I'll keep it aside for you for next time :)

      Delete
  5. I need to try SA someday. You and Dee are tempting me with these reviews! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SA has some pretty nice stuff! Everything I have tried has been nice. The range is huge too, I am sure you'll find something you'l like :)

      Delete