Saturday, June 1, 2013

Penhaligon's Peoneve


Penhaligon's Peoneve
"Peoneve opens with a burst of greenness from Violet Leaf absolute which gives way to a heart of luscious Peony, peppery Bulgarian Rose and a powerful white floral note courtesy of Hedione. The sensual base notes add a sense of summer abandon to the scent; earthy Vetiver, mischievous Musk and warm Cashmere Wood."

On my skin, Peoneve opens with a huge blast of rose, a loud and clear rose. It is a very fresh rose, so fresh that it smells like a just picked red rose, with dew drops and the smell of the green herbaceous stem (the Violet Leaf aspect). I don't know about Peonies but it smells like a realistic rose fragrance. At this stage, it is quite strong to the point that makes me doubt if it belongs to the dainty and delicate Penhaligon's house. The rose gives way to luscious jasmine (hedionine aspect probably). The fragrance now mellows and reaffirms that it is actually a Penhaligon. The white florals are dense but soft, very enjoyable. The dry down is all vetiver, very fresh, slightly woody, earthy, a nice accent to the florals, both rose and jasmine.

Peoneve is a feminine, fresh fragrance which is both soft and powerful. It goes on with a punch of rose but calms down to a really soft but fresh floral dry down. The lasting power is good, a few drops from my sample vial is lasting a 4+ hours on me. I would consider buying a bottle if in fact I generally liked rose. 

6 comments:

  1. I always love see Penhaligon. It's such a beautiful name, haha. I wish I knew flowers like you did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Larie, i don't really know 'western' florals! I need to go to the florists more often :)
      Yes, Penhaligon's has a charm of its own. Pretty bottles too!

      Delete
  2. I sniffed this at the Penhaligon boutique in Singapore but don't remember much about it. I think I just liked the name and the flower it means to evoke. My fave scent from Penhaligon was Endymion and an Earl Grey scented candle. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like peonies irl but in perfumes i confuse it with rose. Same thing happens here but the rose I smell in Peoneve is nice.
      I have a sample of Endymion but it might be a bit masculine for me.

      Delete
  3. This sounds lovely, I love the smell of real roses (the ones in my garden are divine) but sometimes I don't love rose in perfumes, why are noses such finicky things :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is close to real roses! Fresh, red and full bloom :) I don't like perfume-y rose at all but if it is natural, love the smell!

    ReplyDelete