Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Body Shop Honeymania Soap

Some can't wait to try it. Some are already loving it. As The Body Shop slowly rolls out the Honeymania range, it has got everyone talking about it. I finally got to try it and I am one delighted Pooh Bear! I am a bit of a Pooh Bear when it comes to honey scents. I have tried honey in so many forms (as evidenced by Honey in the tag cloud) and can't get enough, my top 3 honey scents being BPAL's Womb Furie, Possets Honey and By Kilian Back To Black. Honeymania is closest to Possets Honey.


Honeymania is a delightful take on honey. It is sweet but mostly floral. It smells more like nectar than honey. It kind of smells like linden blossoms drenched in honey. It reminds me of pollen, nectar, spring, flowers, happiness, sunshine and all things fresh, girly and lovely! It is very satisfying for a honey lover and very much wearable because it is lighter than it is sweet. If you have smelt TBS's products with honey in them, you'll instantly recognise the honey note. I absolutely adore "Lotus & Frangipani Body Puree" from Polynesian Spa Wisdom range and this is the same familiar honey note, only the honey in Honeymania is purer.

I picked up only the soap because I was told by the shop assistant that Honeymania (like Chocomania) is not a limited edition and will be around for a long time. That gives me enough time to get the body butter when I finish my current pot and wait for the Eau de Toilette to be released in Australia. 

12 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing! I should go check out my local Body Shop and see if this collection has been released here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ki, I think you Europeans have the whole range including EDT. I hope you find it :)

      Delete
  2. Hmmm... I think my coconut body butter is getting a bit old so maybe I should buy the honeymania body butter next. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please try it before you buy, Nadja! I hope you like it :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh i might have a sniff next time i'm out, we got a body shop recently at our local westfields :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good news! I am always scared to live near one :D
      I think you'll like Honeymania :)

      Delete
  4. So funny that it's being released in bits and pieces this way. I think it's going to be honey overload here, based on the promos that I've been subjected to. Glad you're liking this though! Wish I could send you my EDT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I agree it has a strong PR! I wish they released it everywhere at once and released all products.

      Delete
  5. Hey - my mom loves this one too. In fact that's the only soap she wants to use from now onwards. I really like Honeymania so far. I am just waiting for the body butter and scrub to arrive and then I'll review the entire collection. I think I like it better than chocomania, but the scrub from chocomania is my favorite, still!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, your mom has good taste :) I love chocomania too, the soap with scrubby bits in it is so yummy. My favourite as well :)

      Delete
  6. I really hope they do release the edt here, it's such a beautiful scent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I hope they do, very soon :)

      Delete